Happy St. Patrick’s Day to all of you! Celebrate this festival with beautiful Saint Patrick’s Day pictures, images, quotations, facts and status updates that you can use on Facebook, Whatsapp, Instagram, and other social networks. Make this day a memorable celebration with these pics and sayings. It was made an official Christian feast day in the early 17th century and is observed by the Catholic Church, the Anglican Communion, the Easter Orthodox Chruch, and the Lutheran Church. Saint Patrick’s Day is a public holiday in the Republic of Ireland, the Canadian province of Newfoundland and Labrador, and the British Overseas Territory of Montserrat. It is celebrated in more countries than any other national festival.
St. Patrick’s Day 2019 HD Images and Pics
Saint Patrick’s Day Inspirational Quotes
Use some St. Patrick’s day quotes on this day along with the above images to make your celebration even better. Go through this collection and pick up any quote.
May your troubles be less. And your blessings be more and nothing but happiness come through your door.
We have always found the Irish a bit odd. They refuse to be English.
Being Irish is very much a part of who I am. I take it everywhere with me.
I’m Irish! When I feel well I feel better than anyone, when I am in pain I yell at the top of my lungs, and when I am dead I shall be deader than anybody.
See also: Palm Sunday 2019 wallpapers, quotes
Cherish your human connections: your relationships with friends and family.
St. Patrick’s Day is an enchanted time – a day to begin transforming winter’s dreams into summer’s magic.
That’s what the holidays are for – for one person to tell the stories and another to dispute them. Isn’t that the Irish way?
I say luck is when an opportunity comes along and you re prepared for it.
I’m a great believer in luck, and I find the harder I work, the more I find of it.
You’ve got to think lucky. If you fall into a mudhole, check your back pocket – you might have caught a fish.
Luck is believing you are lucky.
May the Irish hills caress you. May her lakes and rivers bless you. May the luck of the Irish enfold you. May the blessings of Saint Patrick behold you.
May your pockets be heavy and your heart be light. May good luck pursue you each morning and night.
I love everything that’s old, – old friends, old times, old manners, old books, old wine.
May St. Patrick guard you wherever you go, and guide you in whatever you do and may his loving protection be a blessing to you always.
St. Patrick’s Day Facts
- The colour of St. Patrick’s Day was originally blue.
- It has become a popular holiday in the United States. People wear green and eat corned beef and cabbage.
- Legend says that each leaf of the clover has a meaning: Hope, Faith, Love, and Luck.
- Most people, whether they are Irish or not, wear green on this day. One of the Irish tradition is to pinch anyone who is not wearing green on St. Patrick’s Day.
- Guinness is one of the most popular drinks on St. Patrick’s Day.
- Saint Patrick is known as the Apostle of Ireland, who brought Christianity to Ireland.
- The world’s shortest St. Patrick’s Day parade is held in an Irish village. It lasts only 100 yards, between the village’s two pubs.
- May Catholic churches move the date of the Feast of Saint Patrick if March 17 falls during Holy Week.
- St. Patrick never got canonized by a pope, making his saintly status somewhat questionable.
- The shamrock is Ireland’s national flower. It is also one of the main symbols of St. Patrick, which represents the Holy Trinity. The three-leafed plant is often used as a badge.
St. Patrick’s Day 2019 Facebook, Instagram Status Updates
The list of Irish saints is past counting; but in it all, no other figure is so human, friendly, and lovable as St. Patrick.
Time is that quality of nature that keeps events from happening all at once. Lately, it doesn’t seem to be working.
If you celebrate St. Patrick’s day too much, you get to celebrate hangover day the following day.
You look a stunner with green Rosette and flowing green ribbons… blessings on St. Patrick’s Day.
Wishing a wish like none other, hope God gives you a pot of gold, barrels of beer and shine upon you a rainbow of happiness. Happy Saint Patrick’s Day!
Grant me a sense of humour, Lord, The saving grace to see a joke, To win some happiness from life, And pass it on to other folks.
If I have any worth, it is to live my life for God so as to teach these peoples; even though some of them still look down on me.
To live above with the Saints we love, Ah, that is the purest glory. To live below with the Saints we know, Ah, that is another story.
A best friend is like a four leaf clover: hard to find and lucky to have.